Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Aish Kodesh Hillula with Rav Weinberger & Yosef Karduner


Thanks to my anonymous Aish Kodesh contact, I have an the audio of the entire Hillula held Motzoi Shabbos by Aish Kodesh in Woodmere, NY, Motzoi Shabbos, October 13, 2007. It features mostly the music of Yosef Karduner, with an amazing shiur by Rav Moshe Weinberger in the middle. The whole thing is very inspiring and uplifting and I definitely recommend listening to the whole thing, especially the end. I have literally listened to the whole thing (2 hours 18 minutes) about three times in the last two days. While of course, the music of Yosef Karduner is great, the sound of the whole chevra over there singing and dancing is the best.

My friendly neighborhood Aish Kodesh friend asked Yosef Karduner for permission for me to post the audio, but was only able to get permission to share the whole thing if it's embeded into the blog, or can only be played online, and cannot be downloaded. Pracically speaking, I do not have the ability to do this. Usually, when I do embeded audio, I use esnips. But they have a 100 MB maximum per upload. And although the file is only 34 MG as a wav file, when I convert it to mp3, which is what I have to do on esnips to get an embeded player widget, it's over 100 MB. If anyone out there can make the file into something I can put online that can only be played online but never downloaded, please let me know if you can help! Again, I have express permission for Yosef Karduner to share his portion (and I have permission from Aish Kodesh for Rav Weinberger's portion. This is amazing, but I may only do so al tenai that people can listen to it online without being able to download it. I look forward to hearing from you about this if you're out there! You can e-mail me at dixieyid(at)gmail.com.
an embeded player, as long as it is not downloadable.

Update: Nossi Gross, of Zemer Orchestras in Baltimore has helped me out in this inquery and you can now listen to the embeded, non-downloadable audio online at this follow up post!

Here are some short, non-downloadable video clips from the Hillula, thanks to a new contact at Aish Kodesh! The light were out so the picture isn't great but you can get a feel for what it was like.







-Dixie Yid

(Picture of last year's Aish Kodesh Hillula for the Piacezna Rebbe courtesy of their Kodak page, where you can order prints)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

No comments: