Monday, May 5, 2008

Bilvavi Author Availble to speak in US/CA in Early Elul/September


I received the text below via e-mail. This sounds like a great opportunity to bring Rav Shwartz to your community. Those who have learned the seforim know that his way of teaching practical avodas Hashem is something new, and yet yet it is seems that his approach was always there. Hopefully even more people will benefit from his teachings on this trip than last time, which went exceedingly well, from everything I heard.

I am pleased to announce that we, in the United States will, IY"H, have the privilage of having Rav Itamar Shwartz, shltia, the author of the Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh seforim, available to speak at Mosdos, Shuls, Yeshivos, Seminaries, etc. this year in early Elul/September.

His trip last year was a tremendous success. The Rav was invited to numerous locations in New York, New Jersey and Maryland. Baalabatim, college students, Yeshivaleit, Kollel Yungerleit, seminary students, ladies, Chassidim, Sephardim and Modern Orthodox have all benefited from Rav Shwartz's practical approach to actually attaining Deveikus with Hashem. He tailors every speech to the exact needs and nature of the people to whom he is speaking. You can listen (for free) to the shiurim he gave during his last visit here. The upcoming trip will not be geographically limited and he will be available to travel to Mosdos anywhere in the United States and Canada.

Rav Shwartz speaks in a clear and easy-to-understand Hebrew.There will be a speaking fee. Also, even if we have spoken in the past, please contact me again about this opportunity in your community/Shul/Mosad.

If you are interested in having Rav Shwartz speak at your institution, please contact me by e-mail or at 516-668-6397. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of MySefer)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!!

For all those out there that are wondering whether its worth it, I'd just like to share my feelings about Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh. Around a year ago R Avraham Schorr (gives one of the haskamos) spoke in a yeshiva where I live. My brother, (who attends/attended that yeshiva) approached R Schorr and asked him about R' Schwartz. R Schorr highly praised him and very much encouraged my brother to read his book(s). So, he did.. and then he got me to read it.. All I can say is that I think I've become a totally different person; living a life with a purpose, a purpose that the Torah teaches, {which, is always more re-assuring; knowing that you are moving in the right direction} not one that I came up with on my own (nor the author for that matter). Moving ahead a couple of months.. I still listen to his shiurim weekly, with topics ranging from Mussar to Parsha to Machshava to Medicine to Building a Jewish Home to Chinuch to Shabbos.. and I'm totally hooked!! [check www.bilvavi.net and www.shorashim.info]. Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh is simply amazing!

Anyway, in a rush, but I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE to take the chance to improve your life and those of everyone around you.

Rav Schwartz is a Rabbi with incredible knowledge, in a way which is quite out of the norm. (listen to shiurim on medicine.. it will blow you away!) Be it as it may, my "haskama" is nothing compared to the other's who gave haskamas of their own [http://bilvavi.net/content/view/12/28/]. Don't miss your chance!